Thursday, August 21, 2008

Title/credits design

The film is almost complete at this point and I have been working on the credits and title designs while sound design gets underway. This is a section from the credits.

This section of credits includes the skaters that are featured in the film: Paul McElroy, Tyler Tufty, Brian Tucci, Sam Wientzen, Bobby Worrest, Alex Henson, Greg Harris, Ronald Flores, Billy Roper and Dave Coyne.

Also, this section includes the Cinematographers that shot the skating footage: Mark Nicoles, Chris Brown and Andrew Kline. The B-roll Cinematographers: Ryan Lovelace, Robert Lovelace and James Harpold.

I am very happy with the look of the title/credits design but the painting effect takes a while to reveal information. I have sped up the animation for each slate but the credits will still run about a full minute when finished. This has been a hard pill to swallow seeing as the film itself is only about 7 minutes long. My concern is that the credits will feel long. But I believe I have come up with a solution to this problem so I'm not too concerned about it at this point.

No comments: