Friday, July 6, 2007

first 2

These are the first two shots that I worked on back during my pre-vis studies sometime in early spring of 2007. There has been minor changes of the technique, BG treatment and frame timing since. Luckily I was able to go back and make those changes so I can still use these shots in the finished film.




You can see in these two frames that the roto style is slightly different from what I'm doing now. The white sections are more like shapes and there isn't much variation from that. My current shots are a mix of shapes and vaious types of line work. Some are derived directly from the footage while some are more tag-like and don't necessarily follow any aspect of the original footage. I use the tag-like line work as a form of shading so that I don't always have large chunks of white areas. I really like where the overall look is going because it seems more randomized. I'm still polishing the roto style but I know what I'm looking for. It's just a matter of doing it a couple 1000 more times.

No comments: