Friday, July 20, 2007

flatbar

I'm pretty happy about finishing this shot. It came out really well. It links 3 finished shots together and for the first time I can see how things are going to work. Whenever I watch the rough cut of the film, the finished shots seem really out of place. That kind of worried me. But I kept telling myself that once I got a number of finished shots strung together it would work differently. And I was right. When you get used to the style you can tell what's going on much more easily.


I'd like to add red to the flat bar in this shot. It would look like the board leaves red streaks on the bar as he slides it. But I'm going to try a couple things involving red in the shot before this one so I'll have to see how that works first. I don't know that I want 2 shots back to back with large chunks of red.

1 comment:

alex said...

Damn, dude... that's looking TIGHT!