Sunday, July 1, 2007

film title?


I figure most people would assume this film is called Pepperland because of the black and white texturing that I've chosen to give it. But that's not the case. A good portion of why I'm making this film is because I'm homesick. I love D.C. and I miss it more than you can imagine. I truly feel that it is one of the greatest places on the planet. After I moved to Los Angeles I began to refer to D.C. as Nevernever Land. But I realized recently that Nevernever Land was not a very accurate nick name for it. Things have changed quite a bit since I moved. Places changed. People changed. I've changed.

When I was a kid my father and I used to watch the Yellow Submarine together on a regular basis and it's become a film that holds a lot of sentimental value for me. When I began to think about it D.C. was more like a Pepperland than a Nevernever Land. At least that's the way I see it. It's where all the good stuff goes down. It's where all the people that I get along with really well hang out and life just seems easier there. You can even call the cops the blue meanies of the situation because they came in and screwed everything up for a while. But it didn't last. It's back to being the great place that I remember.

So when I was thinking of a title for my film, Pepperland just seemed like the right choice.




No comments: